Wednesday 28 September 2011

I am rereading whatever I like.

I reread whenever I feel like it. I reread The God of the Small Things by Arundhati Roy, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides just to name a few. Those are extraordinary books I wanted to enjoy more than once. In fact every time I reread a book it's a whole new experience. Because I am older, because I recognize new things, because I feel like visiting old friends, because I can't get enough of them.

Today I share my top ten books I plan on rereading in the future.

1. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer - It whirled up my emotions. Love, love, love it.
2. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - Personally I think there is nothing more interesting than this old Japanese tradition.
3. Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer - Mount Everest is fascinating as well as Krakauer's encounters there. My favorite non-fiction until now.
4. Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Aidichie - The beauty of Aidichie's writing combined with Nigerian history. I have to pick it up again sometime.
5. Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann - My favorite book by a German author. A sheepish murder mystery. Funny and touching.
6. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini - I don't know why but I will pick it up again.
7. The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende - I think I might have been to young to grasp the whole concept of the book when I first read it.
8. Set This House in Order by Matt Ruff - A story about a man with a multiple personality. Highly interesting.
9. On Beauty by Zadie Smith - One of the first books I read in English, which really stuck with me.
10. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - because it is my absolute favorite and I expect I will reread it from time to time my whole life.

Do you think rereading is a waste of time? Or do you occasionally pick up an old loved one?

This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with Half of a Yellow Sun. I read a library copy but must buy my own version because it was just so beautiful.

    I should reread more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do reread books, but not as often as I like. The TBR pile is so large! But a good book I will reread.

    ReplyDelete