Monday 14 November 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Since my last Monday post I read:

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (click for review)
The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen (click for review)
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (will review tomorrow)
Geisha of Gion by Mineko Iwasaki (will review this week)
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox (click for review)

Now I am reding Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel, which won the Booker Prize in 2009. I am a little obsessed with reading the Booker Winners as a personal challenge. So far I like the book but I'm sure it will still take me some time to finish as it is a real chunk. My edition has over 650 pages.

As soon as I have finished Wolf Hall, I plan on reading Juliet, Nacked by Nick Hornby. I adore Hornby and make sure to read his newest books occasionally.

After that (or even before) I'll be reading Alison Wonderland by Helen Smith, who was so kind to send me the book for review. Thank you, Helen.

Have you read or plan on any of those? Did you enjoy them?

It's Monday is hosted by Sheila from Book Journey.

3 comments:

  1. Wolf Hall is certainly a chunkster. I read it earlier in the year and I didn't love it, there were some issues I had with it. But then, I never have much luck with Booker prize winners in general, I'm all about the Orange prize.

    I love Hornby too, but haven't read Juliet, Naked yet. Look forward to your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the ebook of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks but I'm not 100% sold on it yet. I definitely want to read Wolf Hall though and I loved your review of The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox so I want that too - sounds like you've read some great books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a great week. I'm pretty keen to read Wolf Hall and I enjoy Nick Hornby too so look forward to those reviews.

    ReplyDelete