Monday 27 February 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Last week I read:

Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout - Olive's story is told through short stories about her neighbours and friends. I liked this approach and the uniqueness of each character and his or her own story. Though Olive is a cranky, resentful old bugger I got to like her, too.

Now I am reading:

Garou by Leonie Swann - It is the second book of the Sheep Detectives series. The first is a crime novel, the second book is a thriller. And I love it! It's funny and as witty as sheep can be.

Coming up:

Faithful Place by Tana French - I already delayed reading it far too long. I am going to read it next. I swear.

Great House by Nicole Krauss - In March my shelfari group and I are going to read books about books and Great House is about a writer and her desk. When she has to give it back, she is not able to write anymore.

More news:

Starting this weekend Care from Lit in the Last Frontier is hosting a nice challenge about reading what you want, tracking your page count and thus accomplishing the IditaRod 2012, the famous Alaskan dog sled race, whilst reading. Check it out here.

It's Monday is hosted by Sheila from Book Journey.

6 comments:

  1. I love the cover for Garou - hadn't heard of it before :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must read something by Tana French. Enjoy your reads, and here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of sheep detectives. I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Olive Kitteridge on my bookshelf - just haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

    Have a great week! Here's my It's Monday Post if you'd like to stop by...I also posted a new giveaway today (see sidebar) that's open internationally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great House is on my tbr list. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete